- Ksh700 Billion to be Invested to Complete Pending Kenyan Road Projects
- $13.8 Billion Kenya-Ethiopia Railway Construction Plans Resume
- Lake Victoria Basin Project Receives Sh355 Million for Phase II Constructions
- Zanzibar Signs a USD 428 Million Agreement to Expand Pemba Airport
- Tanzania government plans to construct 2000 kilometres of roads in 2023
- Project to Build a Dual Carriageway on Kiambu Road in Kenya
- Kasanga port in Tanzania to expand capacity
- The Old Mombasa Road will be upgraded to meet the requirements of the Nairobi Expressway.
- Tanzania would be one of the top economies in 2023
- Project Timeline and Information for the Tanzania Standard Gauge Railway (SGR)
Djibouti: The New Railway Line Connecting Ethiopia and Djibouti to Start Early 2016
The new railway line connecting Ethiopia and Djibouti will open starting early 2016 the head of the Ethiopian Railways told the press. The 450-mile line which is being built by China Railway Engineering Corporation (CREC) and China Civil Engineering Construction (CCECC) at a cost of $4 billion is one of the major projects towards creating new manufacturing industries in Ethiopia.
The project is also part of Ethiopia's plan of constructing around 5,000 km of new lines across the country by 2020. Getachew Betru, Chief Executive Officer, Ethiopian Railways Corporation, told the press "By October 2015, a considerable portion of the Addis Ababa-Djibouti project will be completed." He added "We will start in early 2016." He further noted "It is a game-changer for us... It will be one of the most vibrant economic corridors in the world."
Source : http://allafrica.com/
Posted on : 13 Nov,2015