- Ksh700 Billion to be Invested to Complete Pending Kenyan Road Projects
- $13.8 Billion Kenya-Ethiopia Railway Construction Plans Resume
- Lake Victoria Basin Project Receives Sh355 Million for Phase II Constructions
- Zanzibar Signs a USD 428 Million Agreement to Expand Pemba Airport
- Tanzania government plans to construct 2000 kilometres of roads in 2023
- Project to Build a Dual Carriageway on Kiambu Road in Kenya
- Kasanga port in Tanzania to expand capacity
- The Old Mombasa Road will be upgraded to meet the requirements of the Nairobi Expressway.
- Tanzania would be one of the top economies in 2023
- Project Timeline and Information for the Tanzania Standard Gauge Railway (SGR)
Egypt to tender five US$ 2.8 b new technology parks project
The government of Egypt has unveiled plans to tender five projects to construct modern technology parks across the country at an estimated US$ 2.8 b to boost its revenues. This follows planned issuance of a unified landline and mobile telecoms licenses.
Egypt’s Minister of Communications and Information Technology (MCIT), Mr. Atef Helmy, confirmed the planed issuance of the bids for the five projects. Mr Helmy also said that the technology parks projects will be offered to investors before the end of this year, and the projects are expected to be completed by 2020.
Besides, Mr Helmy elaborated the technology parks will be zoned and would be located in the governorates of Assiut, Bani Suef in Upper Egypt and the governorates of Alexandria and Menoufiya in the North Delta.
The minister also revealed that two South Korean and Japanese companies and investors have already expressed interest in investing in new technology complexes.
The modern technology parks to be constructed will resemble, in design, the one located at the 6th of October City of Egypt: they will be modeled uniquely in line to the smart village model, Smart Village, a technology park and companies hub.
Source : abdas.org
Posted on : 30 Nov,-0001