- Ethiopia's new USD 120 Million Conference Center in Addis Ababa
- Govt set to construct Down UB market in Luapula Province, Zambia
- US$70m upgrade to be done at MOI international Airport
- Accra SkyTrain project contract of US $3bn signed by Ghana
- KONE Primed To Gear Up Global Trade Centre In Nairobi, Kenya
- Ethiopia construction industry bullish on growth
- Tanzanian economy expected to grow rapidly in 2018-19
- Construction of Ethiopia’s Berbera Port set to kick start this October
- East Africa infrastructure construction to grow sharply over next 5 years
- Tanzania open for investments, aims for an industry driven economy
KONE Primed To Gear Up Global Trade Centre In Nairobi, Kenya
A global leader in the elevator and escalator industry,KONE Corporation, has won an order to provide elevators for the Global Trade Center in Nairobi which has been envisioned as a high-rise building for mixed-use near the central
business district of Nairobi, Kenya. The skyscraper once erected, will rise to 185 meters, placing it among the tallest buildings in East Africa.
AVIC International, the first Chinese company, will begin it's African operations at it's new Kenyan headquarters at the office tower.
Futhermore, the 42-storey mixed-use complex will include a commercial podium, a 35-storey luxury hotel property managed by JW Marriott Hotels and four residential towers, the tallest of which will rise to 31 stories.
One of the finest high-rise elevators travelling at a maximum speed of 6 meters per second - the 35 KONE MiniSpace(TM), machine-room-less elevators - the 14 KONE MonoSpace® along with a KONE Destination Control System will be implemented in the tower construction which will help optimize elevator efficiency and passenger comfort.
Pierre Liautaud, the executive vice president of KONE for South Europe, Middle East and Africa said, "I am proud that KONE was chosen to equip this pioneering development, which is bound to be of great significance to business in the region.”
Zhejiang Chengjian Construction Africa, Ltd. is the main contractor for the Global Trade Center Nairobi and the prominent trade center is a project of AVIC International Real Estate Kenya, Ltd.
Posted on :23 Nov,2018