- Ethiopia's new USD 120 Million Conference Center in Addis Ababa
- Govt set to construct Down UB market in Luapula Province, Zambia
- US$70m upgrade to be done at MOI international Airport
- Accra SkyTrain project contract of US $3bn signed by Ghana
- KONE Primed To Gear Up Global Trade Centre In Nairobi, Kenya
- Ethiopia construction industry bullish on growth
- Tanzanian economy expected to grow rapidly in 2018-19
- Construction of Ethiopia’s Berbera Port set to kick start this October
- East Africa infrastructure construction to grow sharply over next 5 years
- Tanzania open for investments, aims for an industry driven economy
Multi-storey premium hostels to be constructed in Kenya for students
In order to cater to an estimated 1,170(and growing) university and college students, two multi-story hostels are set to be constructed in Kenya. The initative was launched after a group of local investors came together and put US $8m towards developing the mega project.
Magdalene Mulandi of Qwetu Marketing and Communications said that the group is looking to initally construct a nine-floor building on Jogoo Road in Nairobi that will have a capacity to accommodate up to 500 students. A second facility located on Outer Ring Road, about a kilometre from Thika highway, will be of good proximity to several tertiary institutions and universities along Thika Road.
“The hostels will give students who around Thika Road decent furnished studio apartments that are connected to unlimited Internet, improving the learning experience,” she said.
Ian Hunter from Qwetu Sales and Marketing pointed out that the investments were executed so as to reflect global trends in hostel development in Kenya where students were looking for accommodation and transport solutions as a package.
Accommodation will include cooking facilities, bathroom-cum-washroom, access to a gym, recreational area as well as a cinema room. There will also be an open study area where students can hold their private learning or hold discussions with their colleagues.
The facility will help solve an urgent need for custom-made hostels for students thereby enhancing their ability to achieve their goal in life - studying.
Posted on :23 Apr,2018