- Ethiopia's new USD 120 Million Conference Center in Addis Ababa
- Govt set to construct Down UB market in Luapula Province, Zambia
- US$70m upgrade to be done at MOI international Airport
- Accra SkyTrain project contract of US $3bn signed by Ghana
- KONE Primed To Gear Up Global Trade Centre In Nairobi, Kenya
- Ethiopia construction industry bullish on growth
- Tanzanian economy expected to grow rapidly in 2018-19
- Construction of Ethiopia’s Berbera Port set to kick start this October
- East Africa infrastructure construction to grow sharply over next 5 years
- Tanzania open for investments, aims for an industry driven economy
A landmark mall in Nakuru town
A US $16m shopping mall is set to be constructed in Nakuru town, Kenya. This initiative will meet the growing demand for quality commercial space. Built under the Egerton University Retirement Benefits Scheme will be the landmark building in town to attract diverse investors and builders.
While confirming the reports, Egerton University Vice Chancellor Prof Rose Mwonya added that the mega project dubbed Golden Life Mall will probably be completed within two years once construction commences.
According to Nakuru Governor Lee Kinyanjui, who recently presided over the ground breaking ceremony - the development is significant as Nakuru County seeks to acquire city status.
The shopping mall which will be located along the busy Nakuru highway will be a landmark building that will improve income flow for the university’s scheme. Additionally, on a mission to de-congest the town, ample parking and enough office space will be catered for.
However there has been a challenge by the county boss asking pension schemes in the devolved unit to invest more in housing referring to the high demand for affordable homes that could provide much needed revenue streams for the funds.
Currently, Nakuru County has a number of shopping malls that are already in operation. They include Naivas super centre Mall, Rivanas Arena, Tapoos Complex, Westside Mall and Imani Shopping Mall among others. Westside Mall is considered to be the largest and most prestigious mall in the town. It is also considered as an ultra-modern commercial center.
Posted on :09 Mar,2018