- Economic 'game changer'? African leaders launch free-trade zone
- 22nd Buildexpo Africa 2019 starts tomorrow at the Diamond Jubilee Hall in Dar es Salaam
- Ethiopia begins the construction of Adwa centre in Addis Ababa.
- 40 intersections to be constructed in Addis Ababa to ease city traffic
- USD 1.38 billion Rufiji hydropower plant project begins construction
- USD 173,000 set aside for hospital construction by Tanzania
- Hyundai East Africa Ltd. building a better future for Tanzania with Buildexpo Africa
- Kenya's affordable housing project to add 300,000 additional units
- USD 340 million Rusumo Hydroelectric plant nears completion
- Mega-projects are in full swing in Kenya
ADB Approves $70m Loan for Road Project in Nigeria
The African Development Bank Group has granted approval of $70m loan for a road project in Ebonyi State, Nigeria. The bank is directly providing $40m, while its co-financier, the Africa Growing Together Fund (AGTF), is contributing $30m.
The current loan is estimated to cover the rehabilitation and asphalting of a 51km stretch between Nwezenvi and N'Doko, and part of the corridor between N'Doko and Ezzamgbo spanning 38.91km.The overall cost of the project comes to a total of $167.60m and the construction is expected to be completed in five years, creating approximately 1,400 jobs during the construction phase.
Posted on : 30 Apr,2019